York College of Pennsylvania/WellSpan Health Nurse Anesthesia Program
This program offers a Master of Science in Anesthesia as well as a post-master’s certificate. The Nurse Anesthetist Program has received a ten-year reaccreditation by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs a specialized accrediting body recognized by the Council on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. The next scheduled accreditation review is 2022.” (York College of Pennsylvania/WellSpan Health Nurse Anesthesia Program)
Program created: 2006 Ranking: 2.8 out of 5.0 Class size: 12 Attrition Rate: 0% Tuition: approx. $72,000 National Certification Exam (NCE) First time passing rate: 100% Second time passing rate: n/a
- License: Must have a bachelor’s degree in nursing. Current licensure in Pennsylvania.
- Work Experience: Applicants are required to have at least one year of acute care experience as a registered nurse when entering the program. Most individuals accepted in Nurse Anesthetist Programs have at least 2-4 years of experience.Most applicants obtain these experiences in surgical, cardiothoracic, trauma, or medical intensive care units; however, we are interested in the quality of nursing experience, not a unit’s name.
- GPA: We look at your transcript carefully, on a grade-by-grade basis. Your science and mathematics courses are carefully scrutinized.
- GRE: There is no minimum acceptable GRE score. The overall “average” GRE score is approximately 500 on the verbal, 500 on the quantitative, and 3 on the analytical portion. A low-end GRE (900 on combined verbal and quantitative) is NOT something which will keep you out of the program.
- Certifications: ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) BLS (Basic Life Support)
Statistics (covers descriptive and inferential statistics) Physical health assessment Nursing research Courses in anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, physics, organic chemistry, and biochemistry are suggested, but not required.Interview:
not listedCRNA Program Setup: Classes Start: