Michigan State University CRNA School
Michigan State University’s CRNA School is comprised of a 28-month, full-time, year-round program. The Nurse Anesthetist program holds all it’s classes on campus in East Lansing. Clinicals are held at affiliate healthcare locations all over the state. Successful applicants are admitted annually for a spring semester start. The school is known to have a large number applicants, and admit less than 20 students per class. You must provide proof of a RN license that has no restrictions or limitations. Anyone interested in CRNA school admission into this program can contact us with any questions that they may have.
Program created: 2008 Ranking: 2.9 out of 5.0 Class size: less then 12 Attrition Rate: 7.6% Tuition: approx. $50,000 (in-state) National Certification Exam (NCE) First time passing rate: 90.9 %
- License: Proof of a RN license free from restrictions or limitations.
- Work Experience: Complete a minimum of one year of full time equivalent intensive care experience within the last 5 years and by the application deadline
- GPA: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. A grade point average of 3.0 (4.0 scale) for total credits completed during the last two years of a baccalaureate program.
- GRE: Completion of the verbal, quantitative, and analytical sections of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) within the last 5 years. Average GRE scores (2009 class): Verbal = 514; Quantitative = 631; Analytical = 4.5
- Certifications: ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support)
Undergraduate statistics: (must have been successfully completed within the last five (5) years You may apply to the program even if your prerequisite statistics course is in progress. The minimum grade earned must be a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.Interview:
Michigan States University Nurse Anesthesia Program has an interview that is by invitation only. You can expect a rigorous, stress-based interview. Interviewers consist of program faculty and community partners. Due to the competitive nature of the program and the design of the interview, they do not share more information about what it entails.CRNA Program Setup: Classes Start:
Detroit Lansing WarrenDisclaimer: Information on this page was gathered from the school's website and through phone interviews. A school's curriculum can change frequently, so we make sure that you are provided with the most up to date information. Our team regularly checks for any changes that CRNA programs make to their curriculum. The ranking of schools was based off of the 2011 US News World Report for Graduate Schools