Arkansas State University Jonesboro CRNA School
Arkansas State University’s CRNA School offers a Master of Science in Nursing Anesthesia (MSNA) degree. The Nurse Anesthesia program is 28 month in length, and grants a total of 85-credit hours. The program is full time and prepares Registered Nurses to enter into CRNA practice. After graduating from the program, students are able to take the national certification examination which is administered by the National Board on Certification and Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists. Anyone wanting tips and strategies on applying to CRNA school needs to check out our Nurse Anesthesia career guide called, CRNA School Admissions: The Cold Hard Facts.
Program created: 2003 Ranking: not reported Class size: 48 Attrition Rate: 2% Tuition: approx. $31,000 National Certification Exam (NCE) 1st Time Pass Rate: 83% (2012)
- License: RN licensure (RN in California before clinical courses)
- Work Experience: Two years of critical care experience as a Registered Nurse in a critical care area with emphasis on interpretation and use of advanced hemodynamic monitoring techniques, psychomotor skills and independent decision making. Accepted: ICU, CCU, SICU, MICU, NICU, CVRU Not Accepted: OR, OB
- GPA: Undergraduate GPA of 2.75 overall or 3.0 on the last 60 hours
- GRE: GRE taken within 5 years of application demonstrating: A combined verbal/quantitative score of 1000 preferred for tests taken prior to August 1, 2011. A combined verbal/quantitative score of 300 preferred for tests taken on and after August 1, 2011. An analytical writing section score.
- Certifications: ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) BLS (Basic Life Support) CCRN or CSC
Statistics (Graduate level descriptive and inferential)Interview:
Required. Interviews for January 2015 class will be held in April 2014.CRNA Program Setup: Classes Start:
Arkansas Children’s Hospital Arkansas Methodist Medial Center Arkansas Surgery and Endoscopy Center Baptist East Surgery Center Baptist Memorial Hospital-Desoto Baptist Memorial Hospital-Collerville Baptist Memorial Hospital-East Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County Conway Regional Health System Cox Medical Center Branson Crittenden Memorial Hospital Jefferson Regional Medical Center Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital Little Rock Surgical Center Maury Regional Hospital MED Shelby County Health Center Mercy Hospital (St. Joseph) Methodist Hospital of Memphis National Park Medical Center NEA Baptist Medical Center Ortho AR Surgery Ozarks Medical Center Physicians Day Surgery Center St. Bernard Medical Center St. Francis Hospital-Bartlett St.Francis Hospital-Memphis St. Judes Children’s Research Hospital Saline Memorial Hospital South Arkansas Surgery Center Surgial Hospital of Jonesboro Veteran’s Affairs Hospital White County Medical CenterDisclaimer: Information on this page was gathered from the school's website and through phone interviews. A school's curriculum can change frequently, so we make sure that you are provided with the most up to date information. Our team regularly checks for any changes that CRNA programs make to their curriculum. The ranking of schools was based off of the 2011 US News World Report for Graduate Schools