Adventist University of Health Sciences Nurse Anesthesia Program
The Adventist University of Health Sciences Nurse Anesthesia Program enables their students to learn in a Christian environment where all students are valued as a child of God. The anesthesia program provides access to simulation labs and has the honor of being one of the few CRNA schools in the United States that applies instruction in sonography-guided invasive line and regional block insertion. During clinicals the RRNA students have access to the Florida Hospital system, which is the biggest in Orlando. They have an average class size of 22 students each year, and have a large number of applicants. You can find the top Nurse Anesthetist Programs in your area by using our built in CRNA school search page on our CRNA Career Pro website. Compare cost, ranking, application deadlines, and much more.
Program created: 1994 Ranking: 2.1 out of 5.0 Class size: 22 Attrition Rate: 23% Tuition: website National Certification Exam (NCE) 1st Time Pass Rate: 100%
- License: Present evidence of a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing or another appropriate major. Present an unrestricted Florida license to practice as a registered nurse, or be eligible for Florida Registered Nurse licensure. (This requirement may be deferred.)
- Work Experience: Complete a minimum of one year intensive critical care nursing experience. Two or more years of critical care nursing experience is preferred. Accepted: Cardiothoracic ICU, Surgical ICU, Trauma ICU and Medical ICU. Emergency Department experience is accepted, but must be from a Level 1 Trauma facility. Students with pediatric or neonatal ICU experience have been accepted to the program and have easily adjusted to providing care to adult patients. Not Accepted: not stated on website
- GPA: Present a minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- GRE: Present an official copy of a satisfactory score on the Graduate Record Examiniation (GRE) taken within the last 5 years. GRE scores on college transcripts are also acceptable. Applicants are exempt from providing GRE scores by presenting proof of a previously earned master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution. A competitive Graduate Record Examination score is 300 on the GRE Revised and 3.5 analytical writing. A minimum of 900 on the Graduate Record Examination is acceptable.
- Certifications: ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) (This requirement may be deferred.)
not listedCRNA Program Setup: Classes Start:
The current clinical sites our anesthesia students use include Florida Hospital Orlando, Florida Hospital Celebration Health, Winter Park Memorial Hospital, Florida Hospital East Orlando, and Florida Hospital Altamonte. The nurse anesthesia program continues to pursue other clinical experiences.Disclaimer: Information on this page was gathered from the school's website and through phone interviews. A school's curriculum can change frequently, so we make sure that you are provided with the most up to date information. Our team regularly checks for any changes that CRNA programs make to their curriculum. The ranking of schools was based off of the 2011 US News World Report for Graduate Schools