Wolford College School of Nurse Anesthesia
Wolford’s Nurse Anesthetist Program offers a 28 month that grants a Master’s Degree in Nurse Anesthesia. In 2010, their CRNA school received accreditation and licensure to start offering a post Master’s Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice (DNAP). The DNAP curriculum is a 2 or 3 year program online focusing on advanced, and research based knowledge of anesthesia practice, leadership roles, quality assurance, and sound clinical research. You can find more details about their CRNA degree programs within their website.
Program created: 2004 Ranking: 2.1 out of 5.0 Attrition Rate: 7% Tuition: approx. $50,000 National Certification Exam (NCE) 1st Time Pass Rate: 93% (2012)
- License: License as a registered nurse with eligibility for Florida RN licensure
- Work Experience: “You must have current ICU experience. If you have been out of the ICU more than two years, we will talk with you individually about your experience.” Accepted: ICU, CCU, CVRU, Trauma ICU, Neuro ICU Not Accepted: not specified, other areas considered on individual basis.
- GPA: Prefer 3.0 out of 4.0
- GRE: Graduate Record Exam (GRE), taken within 5 years A combined score (verbal and quantitative) with a score of 1000 preferred Analytical section must be reported with a score of 3.5 preferred
- Certifications: ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) BLS (Basic Life Support) CCRN (required for re-application)
Chemistry (2 courses) (one w/ a lab component) Health Assessment (undergraduate) Statistics Anatomy & Physiology (2 courses)Interview:
The interview process will focus on: Review of academic history Life experience and interest in pursuing information about anesthesia practice Interest and commitment of your educationCRNA Program Setup: Classes Start:
Front-loadedDidactic stage: First 12 monthsClinical stage: Last 16 months of the programClinical Sites:
Naples Clinical Sites NCH Healthcare System Naples Day Surgery Centers Bonita Community Health Center (Bonita Springs, FL) Lehigh Regional Medical Center (Lehigh Acres, FL) Harborside Surgery Center (Port Charlotte, FL) Sacred Heart on the Gulf (Port Saint Joe, FL)Disclaimer: Information on this page was gathered from the school's website and through phone interviews. A school's curriculum can change frequently, so we make sure that you are provided with the most up to date information. Our team regularly checks for any changes that CRNA programs make to their curriculum. The ranking of schools was based off of the 2011 US News World Report for Graduate Schools