Mayo School of Health Sciences CRNA School
Grants a Doctorate of Nurse Anesthesia degree. Mayo School of Health Sciences (MSHS) has a distinguished history of preparing students for successful careers in the health sciences. Mayo Clinic, in fact, has been training allied health professionals for more than 100 years. MSHS strives to educate students who excel in academic achievement to become providers of the best care to patients. Few academic institutions offer such experience and commitment to your success.” (Mayo Clinic College of Medicine / Mayo School of Health Sciences)
Program created: 1889 Ranking: 3.1 out of 5.0 Class size: maximum 26 Attrition Rate: 0-4% Tuition: approx. $ 25,192 National Certification Exam (NCE) First time passing rate: 96% average Second time passing rate: 100%
- License: Must be a registered nurse with a BSN or a B.S./B.A. degree in science-related field
- Work Experience: a minimum of greater than one year (greater than two years highly preferred) ICU clinical experience as an RN is required. Not Accepted: PACU and ER experience is NOT accepted as the type of ICU experience required
- GPA: grade point average must be at least 3.0 (four-point scale). Selected science GPA of greater than 3.0 is highly recommended. Over the past few years applicants to this program have had an average overall GPAs of 3.65 and mean science GPA of 3.55
- GRE: Required (no minimum score). Here are GRE “Ballpark” Scores that the school would like you to have, but are NOT required: 153 – Verbal/144-Quantitative/3.5 (29)- Analytical.
- Certifications: CCRN (preferred but not required) Completed undergraduate or graduate courses in: Anatomy Chemistry (organic preferred but not required) AnatomyApplicant can take graduate level science based courses (A&P, math, pharmacology, biology, statistics, etc.) if they want to strengthen their application.
The interview process at the Mayo School of Health Science’s CRNA program lasts from 8 AM-5 PM. From 8 AM to noon, all information related to the anesthesia program’s flow, expectations, faculty and curriculum is shared with applicants. Financial aid information is also provided during that time. The last thirty minutes of the morning session are spent completing essay questions that vary from year to year. The essay questions are used to evaluate your motivation, readiness for the student role, and your ability to write. There will not be calculations required nor physiology, pharmacology, etc. questions asked. Lunch is held with current students of the Nurse Anesthesia program. Each day there will be 15 applicants divided into two groups. Group A will be first to interview and Group B will tour parts of the facility and OR suite at Mayo Clinic’s Rochester Methodist Hospital and then groups will switch activities. This nurse anesthetist program uses a Behavioral Interview Process. You interview in 5 different rooms with a team of 2 anesthesia providers (2 CRNAs or 1 MD & 1 CRNA). The applicants will spend 12 minutes in each room. A tour is part of the interview process, and the tour guides also have a vote during the selection process.CRNA Program Setup: Classes Start:
Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida. Mayo Health System practices in Austin Fairmont Minnesota Carroll, Iowa.Disclaimer: Information on this page was gathered from the school's website and through phone interviews. A school's curriculum can change frequently, so we make sure that you are provided with the most up to date information. Our team regularly checks for any changes that CRNA programs make to their curriculum. The ranking of schools was based off of the 2011 US News World Report for Graduate Schools